2014/04/25

Matcha Ice Cream at a Banquet

When a state guest visits Japan, a banquet at the Imperial Court hosted by their Imperial Majesties is held. Usually, French cuisine is served maybe using lots of Japanese ingredients. And for dessert, “Mt.Fuji-shaped ice cream” seems to be the regular menu, which I didn’t know that. Vanilla ice cream is used around the top of the mountain and Matcha ice cream is done around the bottom of it. 

Just impression only 
I would….maybe, I should say I “will” never ever be invited to the banquet at the Imperial Court and I will not have a chance to taste it, but it has to be good. Because U.S. President Barack Obama, who recently visited Japan as a state guest , was quoted as saying that he really enjoyed Matcha ice cream


Sakura Season

  Sakura is a feast for the eyes. Also a feast for the palate. Sencha named "sakura-hime (lit: sakura princess), which is blended with ...