2014/06/17

Let Tea Breathe!??

Black teas like Assam, Uva, Keemun and so on often turn stale when cold. Also, the color become cloudy. 

However, I've found that Japanese black tea known as wakocha don’t. I am not saying all of them, but at least some as long as I have tried. They taste different when cold. Some change even for the better, which is interesting. Do they need “air”? Should I let wakocha breathe like we do so for red wine?? Ha, ha. Luckily, many wakocha remain the color even when cold, so it won't disappoint you by appearance.

Tea is not simple. That’s why I cannot get out of tea. You all agree, don’t you?



Messy!! but a fun sampling time.
See? The color is still clear even when cold.



Sakura Season

  Sakura is a feast for the eyes. Also a feast for the palate. Sencha named "sakura-hime (lit: sakura princess), which is blended with ...