2020/05/16

Keep on Drinking!

Since I spend much more time at home, I drink much more tea as, I believe, most of tea-lovers do.

This is Benihikari cultivar’s Wakocha by one of the well-known producers, Mr Iwata. His lovely menthol flavour tea gently steeps in my body as if I feel purified.



Mr Iwata’s tea gardens are scattered in 33 places (more than seven-hectare in total) at Tsukigase, in Nara and each field has its own character; soil is different, and the slope is different…. He makes good use of its "terroir" and sticks to “organic farming” and “natural farming”, processing unique tea which can only be produced in the area. His tea is nice and gentle both to environment and people.


In addition, I love the package, drawing tea trees, processing machines, teapot and a cup of tea. Mantis and ladybirds look happy too. 





Sakura Season

  Sakura is a feast for the eyes. Also a feast for the palate. Sencha named "sakura-hime (lit: sakura princess), which is blended with ...